Tuesday and Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hay Township Online Taxes
During August of 2018, we added the link below so you may view your taxes.
For property tax owners: Option 1
1. Our tax system Vendor - BSA - will allow free look up of your taxes.
2. You will need to sign up by establishing a User Name and Password.
3. The system is updated on Tuesday and Thursday at approximately 12:30 P.M.
4. The data only reflects payments made for Hay Township and payments made no later than the last day of February (if last day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the date is the following Monday.)
5. If the payment is made after the last day of February, which means it was paid at Gladwin County, that payment is NOT reflected in this view. You will have to contact the Gladwin County Treasurer's office for that information at 989-426-7251.
For Title Companies & Real Estate Offices: Option 2
1. This tax link is also available for you and BSA will let you set up a fee-based account. Beginning Sept. 5, 2023, there will be a $6 fee for this service.
2023 Property Tax Collection Dates
The Township is normally open Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
We will be closed Tuesday July 4, Monday December 25 and Tuesday December 26 for the holidays.
In addition, we may be closed on other days due to weather. You may call 989-426-4836 (Treasurer) or 989-426-1821 (Clerk) to see if the Township is open.
SUMMER TAX BILLS MAILED BY JULY 1ST
Summer tax bills are due Thursday, September 14, 2023. This is the last day to pay summer taxes without incurring interest. The Treasurer's office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Last day for Summer Deferment of taxes if eligible. (Form 471)
WINTER TAX BILLS MAILED BY DECEMBER 1ST
The office will be closed on Tuesday, December 26, 2023.
The Treasurer's office will be open Thursday December 28th, 2023 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Winter taxes are due Wednesday February 14, 2024 without incurring any penalty. The office will not be open on Wednesday. Please Note: Tax bills received in the mail, by credit card or left in the drop box on this date will be processed on Thursday, February 15, 2024 and will not incur the penalty.
The last day to pay taxes at the Township is Thursday, February 29, 2024. The office will be open 9 a.m. to 5p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Summer Bills: Interest will begin September 15th at 1% per month or fraction of month and increases 1% each month.
Month Base Tax + Admin + Month Base Tax + Admin +
September 1% December 4%
October 2% January 5%
November 3% February 6%
Summer & Winter Bills: A 3% penalty is applied on payments after February 14th.
Checks should be payable to Hay Township Treasurer. Checks are the preferred method of payment. Please do not use red ink on checks. Allow 7-10 days for mailed payments to arrive. Post marks are not accepted, payment must be received by the due date.
Credit/Debit cards are accepted. The vendor accepts Visa, MasterCard & Discover. The Credit/Debit link is located at the bottom of the Home Page on the website. The vendor does charge a 3% convenience charge.
Drop Box is located on the right-hand side of the Township Office door.
Cash payments must be the correct amount; we do not have a cash system and may not be able to make change.
After February 29, 2024, payments should be sent to:
Gladwin County Treasurer
401 W. Cedar Ave.
Gladwin, MI 48624
You may call them for your new payoff amount at 989-426-7251.
Business Personal Property Tax (PPT):
Exception: The County does not collect delinquent PPT's. Late/delinquent PPT's are still paid at the Township.
Original tax bills are sent to property owner address of record. Mortgage/Escrow companies are sent a list based on parcel numbers requested.
Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes