Tuesday and Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hay Township Online Taxes
During August of 2018, we added the link below so you may view your taxes.
For property tax owners: Option 1
1. Our tax system Vendor - BSA - allows free look up of your own taxes.
2. You will need to sign up by establishing a User Name and Password.
3. The system is updated on Tuesday and Thursday at approximately 12:30 P.M.
4. The data only reflects payments made for Hay Township and payments made no later than the last day of February (if last day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the date is the following Monday.)
5. If the payment is made after the last day of February, which means it was paid at Gladwin County, that payment is NOT reflected in this view. You will have to contact the Gladwin County Treasurer's office for that information at 989-426-7251.
For Title Companies & Real Estate Offices: Option 2
1. This tax link is also available for you and BSA will let you set up a fee-based account.
2021 Property Tax Collection Dates
SUMMER TAX BILLS MAILED BY JULY 1ST
Due Tuesday, September 14, 2021:
Last day to pay summer taxes without incurring any interest. The Treasurer's office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Last day for Summer Deferment of taxes if eligible. (Form 471)
WINTER TAX BILLS MAILED BY DECEMBER 1ST
Thursday, December 30, 2021
The Treasurer's office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Due Monday, February 14, 2022:
Last day to pay 2021 taxes without incurring any penalty. (The Treasurer's office will NOT be open on this date. Any bills received on this date will be handled as if paid on this date.)
Monday, February 28, 2022:
Last day to pay taxes before they are returned to the County as delinquent. The Treasurer's office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive tax payments on this date.
Summer Bills: Interest will begin September 15th at 1% per month or fraction of month and increases 1% each month.
Month Base Tax + Admin + Month Base Tax + Admin +
September 1% December 4%
October 2% January 5%
November 3% February 6%
Summer & Winter Bills: A 3% penalty is applied on payments after February 14th.
Checks should be payable to: Hay Township Treasurer
Effective 7/1/2021 The Bank will no longer accept tax payments. Please review the other options listed below.
Checks are the preferred payment method. Note: Please do not use red ink on checks. Please allow 7-10 days for mailed payments to arrive.
Post Marks are not accepted, payment must be received by the due date.
Credit/Debit-You may now pay your tax bills by Visa, MasterCard & Discover. Link is provided near the bottom of the home page. Convenience fee 3%.
Drop Box-Located on the right-hand side of the Township office door.
Cash- Cash payments must be the correct amount; we do not have a cash system and may not be able to make change.
After February 28, 2022, payments should be sent to:
Gladwin County Treasurer
401 W. Cedar Ave.
Gladwin, MI 48624
989-426-7251 You may call Gladwin County to get your new payoff amount.
Business Personal Property Tax (PPT):
Exception: The County does not collect delinquent PPT's. Late/delinquent PPT's are still paid at the Township.
Original tax bills are sent to property owner address of record. Mortgage/Escrow companies are sent a list based on parcel numbers requested.
Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes